My thoughts. Although you might not agree with them, I hope they give you pause or at least, something to think about.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
It's a sad state
Where is customer service? The service has gone out of just about everything. There's no courtesy, no thank you, nothing. The customer is no longer the goal. Driving through McD's, I heard, "We're selling Angus burgers today. Want to buy one?" I want to say, "No. I am just here for the fun of it. Did I interrupt your conversation? You can call your girlfriend back later. I just wanted to bug you. I'll be leaving now." I give them my order and hear, "drive up to the first window." I get there and am told, "$19.19." That's it. No greeting, nothing, just how much. I hand him my money and he tosses my change back at me and shuts the window. So, I drive up to the pickup window only to have my food shoved out the window faster than I can take it and again, no hello, no screw you, no nothing and slam, the window is shut! Okay. No. Argh! The grocery store is pretty much the same. I am buying a cart full of groceries and the cashier can't even take two seconds to say hello. And finally, she/he just snaps out the final total. No thank you, no did you find everything okay, nothing. Then, the other day, I ate at Arby's. I actually had time to go in, place an order and sit down and eat. for me, that's a major thing as I am always running, running, running. I was engaged by the cashier: how was my day going, thank you for your order, it will be ready shortly. Wow! How pleasant was that? As people left, they thanked people and wished them a good day. I was even more shocked. It was so pleasant, but the customers didn't reply and actually seemed offended. Is this what the world is coming to? We are always on our phones, calling and texting , trying to maintain contact, yet we shut off everyone else. It's a sad state.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said, my friend! I agree with you - no common courtesy around anymore!
Post a Comment