We have a new neighbor who has a dog that they allow to run unleashed. This
dog is vicious. It runs after children, adults and other animals, growling and snarling
the entire time. Evil was unleashed into our neighborhood in the guise of this dog. The
owners could not care less what effect it has on their neighbors. But, I was told that I
should just let bygones be bygones and not upset them!
Last evening, the dog went after 2 small children and their mother who were
taking an evening stroll. Then, it went after a woman walking her dog. Both times,
my son ran out to help the screaming, frightened people. Then, he called the police to
report the dog. Later that evening, I went out front to put something in my van when
another neighbor came by walking his dogs. I stood there and watched as he passed
the dog’s house. Nothing happened as the dog was not outside. The dog-walker
noticed my relief and commented on the dog. I said that I wish someone would do
something such as call the police and report it. His response: why upset them?
What? I should not upset the vicious dog owners by calling the police or animal
control? Excuse me? What about all of the people they upset, scare, offend and
maybe even bloody by letting this beast run loose?
Where is the logic in this? Do we not imprison murderers, rapists and other
offenders as we don’t want them angry? Do we not correct our children as it might hurt
their feelings? Do we let this vicious dog continue on until someone is hurt, bleeding or
Me, I am offended by this neighbor’s actions. Maybe they better worry about
upsetting me. I just might smile and wave hello or *gasp* bake them a cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment